The following is a list of what may or may not be excuses as to why I did not run:
1. I ran an a**-kicking five mile tempo run on Thursday (8:21 pace, if you were wondering.) I followed that run by the most sucktastic five miler on Friday. I barely survived. It was horrible. And I finished that run less than 10 hours before my scheduled 20 miler. At that point, I just wasn't feeling it.
2. I have been nursing a sore throat and some nasal congestion since Thursday. It's not getting any worse, but it's not really getting any better either. An extra day of rest was only going to help, right?
3. The temperature on Saturday morning at 6 a.m. was 70. The temperature today at 6 a.m. was 54. Enough said.
4. My iPod was non-functional. Apparently, if you NEVER remove your iPod from the armband and NEVER remove the earbuds from the iPod, your sweat will start to corrode the device. The metal was eaten away on the top (near the bezel) and the plug for the earbuds was permanently welded by calcified sweat into the plug. Not a problem until you attempt to remove it, at which point, the cord will rip off and the plug will remain. Fan-freaking-tastic. $200 later, I now have a working iPod (and will religiously be removing it from the armband after my runs).
5. Sleeping in (even if it was only until 7:45) sounded far more appealing than hitting the pavement for 3+ hours.
6. I wanted to wear my capris on Saturday. And they don't really go with my recovery socks.
7. I didn't REALLY want to run 68 miles in a seven day period (Sunday-Saturday). I much preferred the thought of only logging 50 miles in seven days (Monday-Sunday).
8. J made me.
P.S. - Those excuses were short lived. I am headed out the door right now ...